Saturday, April 28, 2012

Breaking Down Justin Biebers "Boyfriend"

If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go
I can take you places you ain’t never been before


Like the dungeon in his house.

Baby take a chance or you’ll never ever know
I got money in my hands that I’d really like to blow


SCREW YOU, I LIVE OFF THE LAND!

Swag swag swag, on you
Chillin by the fire why we eatin’ fondue

IDK, why are you eating fondue?  

I dunno about me but I know about you
So say hello to falsetto in three two"  


ONE! We get it, you can sing in a high voice, thanks for telling us what you are about to do IN your lyrics. We would have realized when it happened. but thx, thx a lot. srsly, thx!

I’d like to be everything you want
Hey girl, let me talk to you


No.

If I was your boyfriend, never let you go

You forgot an "I'd"

Keep you on my arm girl, you’d never be alone

There you go!

I can be a gentleman, anything you want
If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go, I’d never let you go


Merp. 

Tell me what you like yeah tell me what you don’t
I could be your Buzz Lightyear fly across the globe


OH OKAY, so now we are referencing characters from Toy Story? Well Buzz lightyear couldn't even fly! so get your facts straight my goodness.

I don’t never wanna fight yeah, you already know
I am ‘ma a make you shine bright like you’re laying in the snow
Burr


I don't get that because, do things glow when they are in the snow???? But i guess snow is cold so the "burr" makes a little sense. 

Girlfriend, girlfriend, you could be my girlfriend
You could be my girlfriend until the ---- world ends
Make you dance do a spin and a twirl and


You'll be dancing in this relationship, so beware. and you'll get dizzy and it sounds to me like justin bieber is just a dance nazi and you'll be twirling and spinning until your legs fall off and you die of exhaustion, so good luck. hope you like death.

Voice goin crazy on this hook like a whirl wind
Swaggie

Did you just once again explain in your lyrics what you are about to do in your own son while at the same time compliment yourself? At least you made up for it by saying "swaggie," because that sounds adorable. 

I’d like to be everything you want
Hey girl, let me talk to you

If I was your boyfriend, never let you go
Keep you on my arm girl you’d never be alone
I can be a gentleman, anything you want
If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go, I’d never let you go


Oh look it's that prisoner type thing again. 

So give me a chance, ‘cause you’re all I need girl
Spend a week wit your boy I’ll be calling you my girlfriend
If I was your man, I’d never leave you girl
I just want to love you, and treat you right

If I was your boyfriend, never let you go
Keep you on my arm girl you’d never be alone
I can be a gentleman, anything you want
If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go, never let you go

lol I wonder if selena gomez like, sleeps in a cage?

Na na na, na na na, na na na
Ya girl
Na na na, na na na, na na na ey
Na na na, na na na, na na na ey
Na na na, na na na, na na na ey


I literally understood none of that so I can't even comment.  

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lauren,

    As a platinum member of the Justin Bieber's Official Young White Females of Northeast America fan club, I would like to stand up against your blatant lack of understanding of some of the most poetic, poignant songwriting of our generation.

    In our free country, you have a right to your own opinion and you have the right to say what you want, but as a fellow Young White Female of Northeast America, have you no decency?

    I hope that you might reread the lyrics and reach within your soul to find meaning.

    Maybe you will do this and can repost your thoughts.

    Thank you.

    Sincerely,
    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malisa,

      Thank you for writing in on behalf of the Justin Bieber's Official Young White Females of Northeast America fan club. While some may say (you) that the lyrics represent a deeper meaning beyond the obvious torcher and confinement of this "girlfriend," I fail to see that.

      Don't think i'm judging too quickly, I have spent hours — if not days — analyzing the lyrics of this particular song, as well as everything Justin Bieber stands for. (have you seen his butt? Because I have)

      My professional and honest opinion is right and that's that.

      Also, please send me the address of your clubhouse so that I can send you a gift basket full of socks.

      Thank you very much and take care,

      Lauren

      Delete